Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/26/2015
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: Base holding – New snow & loose snow on top
Trail grooming continues with the rental New Holland that the drivers have named Big Blue. Last night Dan & Trail Boss Tom went out together so they can switch off driving. The also have a pole saw with them to trim branches & trees as they groom.
The first grooming with the New Holland started Friday at 5:30pm & finished mid afternoon on Saturday.
Saturday the New Holland went out at around 7pm & got back in around lunch time on Sunday. Grooming:
- All of Trail 10 East & West – to the Vilas County line where we meet Three Lakes & west to were we meet Conover/Sayner area & back.
- All of Trail 13 North & South – This section will be multiple groomed as the drivers come back onto to get to other trails
- Trail 70W out where we connect with St. Germain & back to town.
- There are also some other connector trails that will be groomed as well.
Last night, Sunday Dan & Trail boss Tom left at 7pm & returned at 9:30am this morning, Monday. They groomed:
- All of Trail 70W & 7N that connect to St. Germain Trails & back to Eagle River
- Alternate Trail 13 – South to where Alternate 13S connects to Three Lakes Trails & back to Eagle River
- Trail 13S to the connection with the Sugar Camp Trails
- Trail 7 AKA Paint Ball Field which head west off of 13S
- 10E out to Trail 1 intersection by Victor’s Restaurant & back in Eagle River on the other side
- Trail 17N to Trail 3 through Columbus Road
SNOWING since around 8am east of Eagle River. 3ish inches of SNOW forecast. Will help a lot. With the traffic & the higher temperatures this past week we are in need of SNOW. Remember this is real SNOW & when temps are high & traffic is high. Grooming & smoothing does not set up over night. Therefore it gets rough quicker.
Here are the upcoming forecast temperatures from the National Weather Service;
- Monday High 22 Low 19
- Tuesday High 29 Low 17
- Wednesday High 30 Low 21
- Thursday High 27 Low 7
Eagle Lake Trail & Catfish Lake Loop are marked & OPEN. Stay by the barrels. Remember not all lakes are trails.
Alternate Trail 13S has a water spot on the east side as you ride south. It is passable by going over to the right (west). The water area is marked with an orange reflective barrel. The Wisconsin River Bridge, Trail 10W is now frozen tight. Grooming of the approaches & the bridge will be groomed when the Prinoth or BR-180 are in service. That area needs a lighter PSI foot print.
Thanks everybody for the words of encouragement & offers of help. As a Club we are raising funds for at least one groomer & and we are 1/2 way to the $50,000 that we need to move forward to the purchase of a groomer which run $150,000 to $200,000. So please plug a jug or send a donation.
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Update 715.479.5185
News & Events: As a Club we are raising funds for at least one groomer & and we are 1/2 way to the $50,000 that we need to move forward to the purchase of a groomer which run $150,000 to $200,000. So please plug a jug, buy a map or send a donation.