Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/27/2015
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: Base intact in most areas – Loose snow & new snow
Trail grooming continues with the rental New Holland that the drivers have named Big Blue. Last night it was Brock grooming. At this point all Sno-Eagles Trails have been groomed twice with some areas groomed multiple times. Trails like 13 & 10 in Eagle River have been groomed every night as they lead to all the other trails in Sno-Eagles Country.
This is with the exception of section of 3 known as Manske Swamp & the approaches to the Wisconsin River Bridge, which is part of 10W. Backing into the approaches on each side to groom from there out. Sno-Eagles Trail system is not a circular system.
Sunday Dan & Trail Boss Tom left at 7pm & returned at 9:30am Monday morning. They groomed:
- All of Trail 70 West & 7N that connect to St. Germain Trails & back to Eagle River
- Alternate Trail 13 – South to where Alternate 13S connects to Three Lakes Trails & back to Eagle River
- Trail 13S to the connection with the Sugar Camp Trails
- Trail 7 AKA Paint Ball Field which head west off of 13S
- 10E out to Trail 1 intersection by Victor’s Restaurant & back in Eagle River on the other side
- Trail 17N to Trail 3 through Columbus Road
Monday Brock groomed:
- Alternate 13S
- 13N/10W – the “Grade” through towns both ways
- 13N to include the one ways to Buckatabon Rd area & just past the bridge
- 10W all the way to Hwy G
- 7S to St. Germain trails
2-3 inches of SNOW yesterday. The new SNOW & the lower traffic will give the trails the time to set up.
Here are the upcoming forecast temperatures from the National Weather Service:
- Tuesday High 27 Low 18
- Wednesday High 30 Low 21 – SNOW
- Thursday High 27 Low 2
- Cold temperatures moving in for the weekend.
Eagle Lake Trail & Catfish Lake Loop are marked & OPEN. Stay by the barrels. Remember not all lakes are trails.
Alternate Trail 13S water spot on the east side as you ride south is now frozen. The Wisconsin River Bridge, Trail 10W is now frozen tight. Grooming of the approaches & the bridge will be groomed when the Prinoth or BR-180 are in service. That area needs a lighter PSI foot print.
Thanks everybody for the words of encouragement & offers of help. As a Club we are raising funds for at least one groomer & and we are 1/2 way to the $50,000 that we need to move forward to the purchase of a groomer which run $150,000 to $200,000. So please plug a jug, by a map or send a donation.
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Update 715.479.5185
News & Events: Tomorrow is the Wednesday Ride – Meet at 9am at the Railroad Depot near Friendship House Restaurant. Trail Signer Bob is leading the group tomorrow. Everyone is welcome.
Thursday, January 29 Ride – Meet at 9am at the Railroad Depot near Friendship House Restaurant. The Wicks will lead the group. Everyone is welcome.