Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/30/2015
Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Varying base & plenty of loose snow
Trails are OPEN & GOOD with some FAIR conditions
2+ Inches Fresh SNOW yesterday afternoon into last night
Another inch forecast over next couple of days
Trail grooming continues with the rental New Holland that the drivers have named Big Blue. Last night Brock aka Bo groomed Route Blue & Green. Check below for what trails that is.
- All of Alternate Trail 13S to the connect with Three Lakes & back. Frozen & no water anywhere.
- Trail 10E out the the connection with Three Lakes at the County line & back to Eagle River.
- 9 Mile Trail off of 10E & back to 10E
- Back to Eagle River on 10 to the “grade”.
- North to intersection near Dairy Queen.
- West on Trail 70W & 13S
- Trail 13S to the connection with Sugar Camp & back to Trail 7S
- Trail 7S aka Paint Ball Field to connect with Sugar Camp
- Trail 7S that heads near Kathan Inn to connect with Sugar Camp.
- Back to Eagle River & the “grade” Trail 13N/10W.
- North & West on 13N/10W to connect with Conover & to approach of Wisconsin River Bridge
Section of Trail 3 known as Manske Swamp & the approaches to the Wisconsin River Bridge, which is part of 10W not groomed. Backing into the approaches on each side to groom from there out still are not being groomed.
Eagle Lake Trail & Catfish Lake Loop are marked & OPEN. Stay by the barrels. Remember not all lakes are trails.
Thanks everybody for the words of encouragement & offers of help. As a Club we are raising funds for at least one groomer & and we are 1/2 way to the $50,000 that we need to move forward to the purchase of a groomer which run $150,000 to $200,000. So please plug a jug, by a map or send a donation.
Cold is moving in. High of 16 & Low 11 today. 20 & 3 below Saturday. Sunday 9 & 7 below. Great for the trails.
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
Sno-Eagles Weekend Away! See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Update 715.479.5185
News & Events: Sno-Eagles Weekend Away to Lac du Flambeau by sled for some by car for others! Leaving at 8:30am from Trail 13N of Eagle River.
Sno-Eagles Board of Director Meeting Tuesday, February 3 – 7pm – Eagle River Libarary