Trail Report: Three Lakes – Brule River
Reported By: Three Lakes-Brule River Trails
Date of Report: 01/22/2015
Trail Conditions: Excellent
Snow Cover: 12-13″ in the woods
Area Report: After a extremely busy weekend, our fantastic group of VOLUNTEERS, were able to work their magic and get our trails back into excellent shape. Yes, you may find a icy corner or a little shirt in a area or two, but it is a great weekend to get out and ride. Traffic will be heavy again this weekend as we are on the short list of areas in the Midwest that has snow. Do we need more snow, absolutely, but we are doing what we can with what we are dealt. The best time to ride is to get up early and ride. As the afternoon rolls around and the warmer temps kick in, the trails might get a little rough, nothing we can do about that. It is unsafe to good during the day and the trails do not have time to set up.
If you are looking to just come up to Three Lakes for the day and ride, I will be posting a map of places to park and ride today on our Facebook page.
Lakes are all marked and safe, please stay close to the barrels.
If you are looking for a deal on lodging, head over to our Facebook page today to see the special offer one of our sponsors has.
Stayed tuned to SnowTracks and Facebook for information as we get closer to the start of another great season!
**Visit us on Facebook** – http://www.facebook.com/Threelakestrails
* Trail Grooming Schedule (Conditions Permitting) *
– All Trails Are Groomed 4 Times Weekly
– Friday & Saturday Night – All Trails Are Groomed
– Monday thru Thursday – All Trails Are Groomed Twice
News & Events: 2014 / 2015
* Radar run and meat raffle. – 2/14/15 – Bonnie’s Lakeside / Spirit Lake – 10:00am
* Trailside Weenie Roast – 2/15/15 – Trail 8 near Sheltered Valley – 11:00am to 3:00pm
* More Events in the Planning Stages – Details to follow
* Beginning January 6th and continuing until trail closure (conditions permitting) – Weekly Rides
– Spirited Ride – Wednesdays – 8:30 AM
– Scenic Ride – Tuesdays and Thursdays – 9:30 AM
* Destinations determined the day of the ride at time of departure
* All weekly rides leave from the Three Lakes C-Store (Shell Station)
* Bring a guest, meet new friends!
Those interested in joining our club may send a nominal fee (single – $20, family – $25, business – $25) along with your name and address to:
Northern Lights Snowmobile Club
P.O. Box 344
Three Lakes, WI 54562
* 2014 / 2015 Northern Lights Snowmobile Club Remaining Meeting Schedule:
– January 26th – Pine Lake Pub – 7:00 PM
– February 23rd – TBD – 7:00 PM
– March 30th – TBD – 7:00 PM – Elections