Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/02/2015
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: Hard base needing more loose snow
Trails are OPEN & FAIR with GOOD conditions
8 below at 8am with a high of 14 today & low of 4 tonight.
1/2 inch snow in the forecast for the next couple of days
Trail grooming continues with the rental New Holland that the drivers have named Big Blue. With one groomers to use Trail Boss Tom is dividing the system in 1/2 & grooming one 1/2 one night & the other 1/2 the next night. When all 3 groomers are operating the system is divided into 3 section & each groomer groomers a section every night.
Last night was Trail Boss Tom’s night out grooming He groomed:
- All of Trail 10E all the way to the County line were we meet Three Lakes & back into Eagle River. Heavy traffic so he groomed that really slow to get the bumps
- Alternate Trail 13S – there is no slush or water holes down that way.
- Trail 10/13N to where it meets Conover & back into Eagle River. Bump cutting there too
Here are alert areas:
- Logging to begin this week on Trail 10W. The section starts where trail is on Croker Rd to where the trail turns right on the way to the Wisconsin River Bridge on the west side. It will be marked but there will be logging equipment in there.
- Section of Trail 3 aka Manske Swamp not groomed yet. Need a tracked groomer to go through there
- Trail 10W – only grooming up to the approaches. A tracked groomer is needed for that area as well.
Eagle Lake Trail & Catfish Lake Loop are marked & OPEN. Stay by the barrels. Remember not all lakes are trails. Sections are bumpy so be prepared.
Thanks everybody for the words of encouragement & offers of help. As a Club we are raising funds for at least one groomer & and we are 1/2 way to the $50,000 that we need to move forward to the purchase of a groomer which run $150,000 to $200,000. So please plug a jug, by a map or send a donation.
Cold has moving in.
Keep DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Update 715.479.5185
News & Events: Sno-Eagles Weekend Away for 2015 is now in the books. My first & it was a lot of fun.
13 sleds started out on Trail 13N from the Storage units just past TrackSide at 8:30am. Road to Lake Tomahawk for lunch. Then on to Lac du Flambeau the long way. 100 mile ride for day one. Back to the Casino for an evening of fun with the Sno-Eagles. Total of 28 I believe at the Casino. 13 by sled & the rest drove by car.
Day 2 left the Casino in Lac du Flambeau for a ride west & into Price County. Park Falls & Fifield. Back to the Casino. 80 miles. Awards night for the riders of the weekend. Check out Sno-Eagles.org for all the inside info.
Day 3. Time to go home. Left Lac du Flambeau at around 9:30am ish. Headed back to Eagle River by way of Woodruff & St. Germain. Quick stop at Sportsmen’s Chalet. 70 miles to my home off of Trail 10E
All in all trails were Good & Fair. Some bumpy. Some rough. But hey I was riding! Who cares!