Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/04/2015
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 4-10 base with some loose snow – icy areas
Trails are OPEN & FAIR
Fresh SNOW needed A little last night – Looks like SNOW on Friday & Saturday stay tuned
High of 8 today – Low of 16 below tonight
The MTX 120 McCormick Tractor is back on the trails. The rental New Holland was picked up by Lulich Implements to be at the Groomer Show in St. Germain. It will return shortly.
Before I get into what trails were groomed last night I must first apologize for inaccurate reporting on grooming yesterday. The driver working Monday night into Tuesday morning hurt his shoulder & did not complete Trail 13N/10W all the way to the Bauer’s Dam turn around. Did not learn about this until much later. What I should have done was redo all my reports to reflect this. Rest assured that is what I will do if this ever happens again. Now for last nights grooming which was verified before reporting:
Red Route was groomed. Which is:
- Trail 13N to the Bauer’s Dam turn around. Where we connect to Conover
- Includes the One Way Trails
- Trail 10W out to Hwy G
- Trail 7S that meets St. Germain
- Trail 13N/10W the section that runs down the “grade” to Adams Rd. Thru the swamp to back onto high line back to “grade”. The “grade” to where we meet Conover
- This is a 10-12 hours grooming run. Depends on trail conditions. Some trail areas require re grooming to smooth out
Here are alert areas:
- Logging to begin this week on Trail 10W. The section starts where trail is on Croker Rd to where the trail turns right on the way to the Wisconsin River Bridge on the west side. It will be marked but there will be logging equipment in there.
- Section of Trail 3 aka Manske Swamp not groomed yet. Need a tracked groomer to go through there
- Trail 10W – only grooming up to the approaches. A tracked groomer is needed for that area as well.
Eagle Lake Trail & Catfish Lake Loop are marked & OPEN. Stay by the barrels. Remember not all lakes are trails. Sections are bumpy so be prepared.
Thanks everybody for the words of encouragement & offers of help. As a Club we are raising funds for at least one new groomer & we are 1/2 way to the $50,000 that we need to move forward to the purchase of a groomer which runs $150,000 to $200,000. So please plug a jug, by a map or send a donation.
Cold has moving in.
Keep DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Update 715.479.5185
News & Events: Groomer Show in St. Germain today & tomorrow at the Arrowhead Groomer Building as you enter St. Germain.