Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/05/2015
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: Icy hard snow in most areas
All trails are in need of fresh SNOW
17 degrees below zero at 6am
Today High of 16 – Low of 7
- Trail 13 the “Grade” south thourgh town to Trail 10E
- 10E to Chanticleer Trail & back to town on 10
- Trail 13 to the intersection near the Dairy Queen
- Trail 13S from Dairy Queen all the way to connect with Sugar Camp at Ripco Rd & back to
- Trail 7S aka the Paint Ball Field to meet Sugar Camp trails
- 7S to the gravel pit turn around meeting St. Germain trails
- Back to town on Trail 13 to the Dairy Queen
- Down Alternate Trail 13 to Bloom Rd back to town on Trail 13
- Trail 13 the “Grade” to the turn to the Wisconsin River Bridge & back to town & the Groomer Barn
Here are alert areas:
- Logging to began Wednesday, February 4 on Trail 10W. The section starts where trail is on Croker Rd to where the trail turns right on the way to the Wisconsin River Bridge on the west side. It will be marked but there will be logging equipment in there.
- Section of Trail 3 aka Manske Swamp not groomed yet. Need a tracked groomer to go through there
- Trail 10W – only grooming up to the approaches. A tracked groomer is needed for that area as well.
Much less traffic yesterday & last night. About 1 inch or so of snow forecast over the next couple of days.
Eagle Lake Trail & Catfish Lake Loop are marked & OPEN. Stay by the barrels. Remember not all lakes are trails.
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Update 715.479.5185
News & Events: No word on the Sno-Eagles Thursday Ride. It is 17 to 19 below right now.