Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/08/2015
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 10ish – Hard base with loose snow – need more loose snow
This includes Trail 10W over the Wisconsin River Bridge, Section of Trail 3 aka Manske Swamp & all of Alternate Trail 13 to where is connects to the Three Lakes Trails
Sledding traffic in Eagle River is very heavy. Many large groups this weekend. So I am sure that all trails needed grooming & maybe even extra attention. Other than the logging on a portion of 10W/13N I have received no problem areas.
- Logging began Wednesday, February 4 on Trail 10W. The section starts where trail is on Croker Rd to where the trail turns right on the way to the Wisconsin River Bridge on the west side. It will be marked but there will be logging equipment in there. The logging crew has done extra marking as it is winding on that trail section.
Eagle Lake Trail & Catfish Lake Loop are marked & OPEN. Stay by the barrels. There are some bumps out there from the traffic so be careful. Remember not all lakes are trails.
The trails definitely could use some new fresh snow so……
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD®
Recorded Trail Update 715.479.5185
News & Events: Take Pride & Ride Tickets available. Drawing February 28, 2015
- Win a 600cc Ski Doo Snowmobile
- Mini Vacation at Wild Eagle Lodge
- Mini Vacation at Eagle Waters Resort
- $2/ticket or 3/$5
- Available at: TrackSide, Boat S’Port, Eagle River Area Chamber or contact Sno-Eagles at firstname.lastname@example.org