Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/10/2015
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: Hard base that needs new loose snow
With 3 groomers on the trails reports are easy to do. All land trails were groomed last. As I have reported we do not groom lake trails. The groomers are to heavy.
This includes Trail 10W over the Wisconsin River Bridge, Section of Trail 3 aka Manske Swamp & all of Alternate Trail 13 to where is connects to the Three Lakes Trails
The new forecast SNOW is really needed. National Weather Service is forecasting 3 inches of new SNOW with the possibility of some Lake Effect Snow. Trails need some fresh new snow. There is lots of snirt at the roadway crossings.
Temperature over the new few days are forecast to be:
- Today, Tuesday High 24 Low 22
- Wednesday High 22 Low 5 below
- Thursday High 3 Low 10 below
The snow & then the cold moving in will do a great job of firming of the trails & moving them to GOOD Condition.
Logging began Wednesday, February 4 on Trail 10W. The section starts where trail is on Croker Rd to where the trail turns right on the way to the Wisconsin River Bridge on the west side. It will be marked but there will be logging equipment in there. The logging crew has done extra marking as it is winding on that trail section. Keep checking for any changes on that section. Slow down.
Eagle Lake Trail & Catfish Lake Loop are marked & OPEN. Stay by the barrels. There are some bumps out there from the traffic so be careful. Remember not all lakes are trails.
Even though there is SNOW moving in……
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
Time to ride. Rode in Hayward yesterday. Did I see ya on the trails?
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD®
Recorded Trail Update 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- Wednesday Ride – 9am – Trail 13 at the Railroad Depot across from Friendship House
- Thursday Ride – 9am -Trail 13 at the Railroad Depot across from Friendship House
Everyone is welcome to ride. Do not need to be a member of Sno-Eagles
Take Pride & Ride raffle tickets
- 600cc Ski doo snowmobile
- Mini Vacation at Eagle Waters
- Mini Vacation at Wild Eagle
- $2/each or 3/$5
- Available at local businesses – TrackSide, Boat S’Port, Eagle River Chamber to name a few
- Email email@example.com for other locations
- Drawing February 28 at TrackSide – Miss Snowflake & Mis Sno-Eagles will be present to draw tickets