Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 03/03/2015
Trail Conditions: Very Good
Snow Cover: Hard very icy base – Loose snow in most areas
Snowmobile Trails in Sno-Eagles Country & all of Vilas County will remain open until Midnight, March 31. Snow & trail conditions permitting.
Trails were groomed last night. Traffic slowed up for the first time in 4 days. Special attention to Trail 10W/13N, through town and south on Alternate 13. That is the due south route to Three Lakes. Those sections were groomed numerous times to diminish the hard snow heaves in those sections.
The trails are icy underneath so please slow down. This means on straight aways, corners & hills. Some corners are blown out & there are some with bare ice. Be careful.
- Tuesday High 26 Low 5 below – 100% snow beginning mid morning 4+ inches
- Wednesday High 4 Low 15 below
- Thursday High 12 Low 3 below
Logging on Trail 10W/13N. The section starts where trail is on Croker Rd to where the trail turns right on the way to the Wisconsin River Bridge on the west side. Coming from the east it is after you cross the Wisconsin River Bridge. It will be marked but there will be logging equipment in there. Rode through there yesterday & it is indeed marked well. Please slow down as you ride through there. There is logging in a few other areas as well.
Eagle Lake Trail & Catfish Lake Loop are marked & OPEN. Stay by the barrels. There are some bumps out there from the traffic so be careful. the sun in March is out longer & there is a ton of ice covered with a ton of snow. There could be surface slush. No ice melting. Snow on top melting. Steady as you go through it. Not all lakes are trails.
Three Sno-Eagles Rides this week. Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Meet on Trail 13 in town by the Old Railroad Depot across from Friendship House
- Do not need to be a Sno-Eagles member to ride. – Great way to meet the Sno-Eagles & learn the trails
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Update 715.479.5185
News & Events: 3 Sno-Eagles Rides this week
- Trail 13 in town near the Old Railroad Depot across from the Friendship House Restaurant
- Do not need to be a Sno-Eagle to ride. Great way to meet the Sno-Eagles & learn the trails