Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 12/22/2015
Trail Conditions: Trails Closed
Snow Cover: 2 inches at best – Dance
**VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS NOT OPEN
JUST NOT ENOUGH SNOW YET***
Temperatures have dropped.
Need it to be even colder so THINK COLD!
Light SNOW falling at 7:30am in Eagle River.
All trail inspections have been completed. These inspections found many unfrozen swamps and lots of water. Very cold temperatures are in order. So THINK COLD! And more SNOW would be in order too.
With Christmas just a few days a way I know everyone up here & all of you sledders, like me want to ride. So really need you all to do is keep THINKING COLD. Keep DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE. Nice & loud so I can hear it way up here!
Most lakes have from a schiff to few inches of ice. This has developed just in the last few days with the colder temperatures. But still not enough so again THINK COLD.
Hang in there! Snow & Cold will get here! Keep Dancin’!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Update 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- News & Events: Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets
- January 5 Board of Directors Meeting
- January 16 – Torchlight Reunion Parade. Staging at TrackSide across from Derby Track at 5:30pm. Ride starts at 6pm. Trail 13 into Eagle River. Out to the ERRA Ice Arena(the Dome) for a quick stop. On to dinner TBD
- January 21 – General Member Meeting – Eagle River Inn – Gather at 6:30pm. Meeting 7pm All welcome
- January 22-24 Weekend Away – Great Northern Motel, Mercer, WI.
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan In