Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 12/28/2015
Trail Conditions: Trails Closed
Snow Cover: 3 inches tops right now
Area Report: Here is the official statement re the Vilas County Snowmobile Trails
NEWS RELEASE / PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
DATE: 28 December, 2015
TO: News Media and Other Parties of Interest
FROM: Dale Mayo, Vilas County Parks & Recreation Administrator
RE: Vilas County Snowmobile Trails Opening Date
THE STATE FUNDED SNOWMOBILE TRAIL SYSTEM IN VILAS COUNTY WILL OFFICIALLY OPEN AT 8:00 A.M. ON WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 30, 2015 FOR THE SEASON. Please be advised that trails are in early season condition and riders may encounter rough or closed segments and wet conditions in low lying areas. Ice conditions vary greatly on area lakes with some lakes still having open water. DO NOT CROSS ANY LAKES UNLESS THE TRAIL IS CLEARLY MARKED.
As always, please check with your local chambers or snowmobile clubs for current conditions.
Vilas County Parks & Recreation
Finally the start of the season!
See ya on the trails on Wednesday!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- News & Events: Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets
- January 5 Board of Directors Meeting
- January 16 – Torchlight Reunion Parade. Staging at TrackSide across from Derby Track at 5:30pm. Ride starts at 6pm. Trail 13 into Eagle River. Out to the ERRA Ice Arena(the Dome) for a quick stop. On to dinner TBD
- January 21 – General Member Meeting – Eagle River Inn – Gather at 6:30pm. Meeting 7pm All welcome
- January 22-24 Weekend Away – Great Northern Motel, Mercer, WI.
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn