Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 12/28/2015
Trail Conditions: Trails Closed
Snow Cover: 3 inches tops right now
**VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS NOT OPEN***
SNOW moving in later this evening.
Totals look good.
National Weather Service forecasting 6 inches.
Today Trail Boss Tom, Ron, Brian and other club members will be out today on snowmobiles checking Sno-Eagles Trails and removing hazards on the trail & packing wet areas to help freeze them up. Preparing for the snow.
In Sno-Eagles Country we will begin panning when there is at least 6 inches of SNOW on the ground. This could be as soon as Tuesday morning. Daytime panning because tonight snow will be very heavy at times & 25-30 mph winds gusts would make it very dangerous for the drivers.
Cold temperatures have moved into the area which is just what is needed. KEEP THINKING COLD AND DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE.
THE TRAILS REMAIN CLOSED SO PLEASE DO NOT GO OUT RIDING UNTIL THE TRAIL OFFICIALLY OPEN.
Most lakes have from a schiff to few inches of ice. With the colder temperatures the lakes are making ice. In Sno-Eagle Country the 2 lakes trails, Catfish Lake Trail & Eagle Lake Trail WILL NOT OPEN WHEN THE LAND TRAILS OPEN. Stay off.
Hang in there! It moving in the right direction. Be patient.
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Update 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- News & Events: Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets
- January 5 Board of Directors Meeting
- January 16 – Torchlight Reunion Parade. Staging at TrackSide across from Derby Track at 5:30pm. Ride starts at 6pm. Trail 13 into Eagle River. Out to the ERRA Ice Arena(the Dome) for a quick stop. On to dinner TBD
- January 21 – General Member Meeting – Eagle River Inn – Gather at 6:30pm. Meeting 7pm All welcome
- January 22-24 Weekend Away – Great Northern Motel, Mercer, WI.
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn