Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 12/29/2015
Trail Conditions: Early Season
Snow Cover: 6 at best
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN TODAY,
DECEMBER 30 AT 8AM.
TRAIL ARE IN VERY EARLY RIDING CONDITION
Yesterday Dan, Beau & Trail Boss Tom were out with Big Blue, the New Holland, Husky and the BR-180 panning & checking the Sno-Eagles Trails to prepare for the opener today.
The trails had many trees, branches, limbs & other “stuff” in the trails so it was good they went out and removed. Many of the wet areas have frozen up but there still are wet spots & mushy spots.
Here are some tips for riding on our trails:
- Both Lakes Trails are CLOSED & NOT MARKED
- Eagle Lake – Trail 1N is gated at Town Hall Rd
- Catfish Lake proper is closed. The trail leading to Braywood coming from the west is open. The trail leading to 12 Pines coming from the east is open. Bloom Rd to Spruce Rd-the spur off of Trail 10 is also open to Lumpy’s
- Trail Alternate 13S is closed from white closed fence south to Three Lakes – Three Lakes Trails not open
Ride at your own risk on:
- Trail 10/13 aka Wisconsin River Bridge – Needs snowmobiles to go over to freeze it down more
- Trail 3 between Trail 10W & 17N – Needs snowmobiles to go over to freeze it down
Remember these are conditions in Sno-Eagles Country not all of Vilas County. So please contract local clubs, Chambers, friends to get the conditions in the area you plan to ride in Vilas County. Be safe out there. Remember conditions can change.
Finally the start of the season! Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help.
See ya on the trails on Wednesday!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- News & Events: Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets
- January 5 Board of Directors Meeting
- January 16 – Torchlight Reunion Parade. Staging at TrackSide across from Derby Track at 5:30pm. Ride starts at 6pm. Trail 13 into Eagle River. Out to the ERRA Ice Arena(the Dome) for a quick stop. On to dinner TBD
- January 21 – General Member Meeting – Eagle River Inn – Gather at 6:30pm. Meeting 7pm All welcome
- January 22-24 Weekend Away – Great Northern Motel, Mercer, WI.
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn