Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/01/2016
Trail Conditions: Early Season
Snow Cover: 3-6″
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN
TRAIL ARE IN VERY EARLY RIDING CONDITION
Start of the weekend here in Eagle River & day 3 of the open trails. I would rate them Very Early Ride with some Poor areas after the first day of. Moderate traffic with group riding of 5-6 sleds in a group.
Next panning will happen when enough new snow falls. Overnight there was 1 to maybe 1 1/2 inches of fluffy snow.
The 3 groomers removed trees, brush, branches & other “stuff” from the trail when they panned but be aware as you ride. The snow is wet and packy & that can break branches or even cause a tree to fall. We will continue to inspect. There are a few wet mushy areas but those in Eagle River are disappearing with temperatures in the teens overnight. No deep water on the land trails.
Here are some tips for riding on our trails:
- Both Lakes Trails are CLOSED & NOT MARKED
- Eagle Lake – Trail 1N is gated at Town Hall Rd
- Catfish Lake proper is closed. The trail leading to Braywood coming from the west is open. The trail leading to 12 Pines coming from the east is open. Bloom Rd to Spruce Rd-the spur off of Trail 10 is also open to Lumpy’s
- Trail Alternate 13S is closed from white closed fence south to Three Lakes – Three Lakes Trails not open yet
- Trail 3 between Trail 10W & 17N is freezing up with the cold temps. Still mushy in one small area.
Experience rider trails:
- Trail 10/13 aka Wisconsin River Bridge – Needs snowmobiles to go over to freeze it down more just a bit more.
Remember these are conditions in Sno-Eagles Country not all of Vilas County. So please contract local clubs, Chambers, friends to get the conditions in the area you plan to ride in Vilas County. Be safe out there. Remember conditions can change.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Contact Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- News & Events: Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets
- January 5 Board of Directors Meeting
- January 16 – Torchlight Reunion Parade. Staging at TrackSide across from Derby Track at 5:30pm. Ride starts at 6pm. Trail 13 into Eagle River. Out to the ERRA Ice Arena(the Dome) for a quick stop. On to dinner TBD
- January 21 – General Member Meeting – Eagle River Inn – Gather at 6:30pm. Meeting 7pm All welcome
- January 22-24 Weekend Away – Great Northern Motel, Mercer, WI.
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn