Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/03/2016
Trail Conditions: Early Season
Snow Cover: 3-6″ Deeper on in woods-under cover trails
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN
TRAIL ARE IN VERY EARLY RIDING CONDITION
RATING FROM FAIR TO POOR
Trail riding traffic yesterday was some what busy. Groups of 5 + sleds. Also sun was out all day yesterday. So this morning the snow falling is great! Plus will be overcast today.
Woods under cover of the sun are still in Fair Condition. Trails out in the open or along roads are in Poor Condition. And reminder, THE LAKE TRAILS, CATFISH & EAGLE ARE NOT OPEN. We have not marked them for a reason…SAFETY.
2 groomers were out last night panning & removing trail hazards. Panning is not regular grooming. The drivers are flattening the roughness on the trail. They also go over any areas that might be mushy. Helps to freeze up. If you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.4708 to report.
Here are some tips for riding on our trails:
- Both Lakes Trails are CLOSED & NOT MARKED
- Eagle Lake – Trail 1N is gated at Town Hall Rd
- Catfish Lake proper is closed. The trail leading to Braywood coming from the west is open. The trail leading to 12 Pines coming from the east is open. Bloom Rd to Spruce Rd-the spur off of Trail 10 is also open to Lumpy’s
- Trail Alternate 13S is closed from white closed fence south to Three Lakes & it marked as such. Do not ride down Bloom Rd to Hwy 45 it is not a trail – Three Lakes Trails not open yet.
- Trail 3 between Trail 10W & 17N is freezing up with the cold temps.
Experience rider trails:
- Trail 10/13 aka Wisconsin River Bridge – Needs snowmobiles to go over to freeze it down more just a bit more.
A big Thank You to all who have taken the time to ride back & forth on Trail 10/13 to help pack it down to freeze. Some Club Members such as Ron, Bob, Brian, Ryan. And many others!
Remember these are conditions in Sno-Eagles Country not all of Vilas County. So please contract local clubs, Chambers, friends to get the conditions in the area you plan to ride in Vilas County. Be safe out there. Remember conditions can change.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR email to
Go Pack Go! See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- News & Events: Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets
- January 5 Board of Directors Meeting
- January 16 – Torchlight Reunion Parade. Staging at TrackSide across from Derby Track at 5:30pm. Ride starts at 6pm. Trail 13 into Eagle River. Out to the ERRA Ice Arena(the Dome) for a quick stop. On to dinner TBD
- January 21 – General Member Meeting – Eagle River Inn – Gather at 6:30pm. Meeting 7pm All welcome
- January 22-24 Weekend Away – Great Northern Motel, Mercer, WI.
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn