Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/05/2016
Trail Conditions: Early Season
Snow Cover: Same 3-6″ NEW SNOW COMING
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN
TRAIL ARE IN VERY EARLY RIDING CONDITION
RATING FROM FAIR TO POOR
Sun was out but did not do much to the snow on the ground. This is a photo of Trail 13 aka the Grade in Eagle River at the turn onto Illinois St. and across the highway from White Spruce & Bridgewater Inn. Took this at 1pm yesterday the 4th of January.
Good news is there is SNOW in the forecast every single day starting tomorrow, Wednesday all the way through Sunday. Stay tuned for totals. Also the high forecast right now for Sunday is 3 & low of 11 below!!!!
Trail in open areas are Poor much of that caused by the sun out on Saturday. But they are lightly covered with snow. As you ride you will find conditions changing quickly which is common with Early Season Riding. Trails in the covered woods areas are actually in Good shape. Example would be the Land Trail 1 east of Eagle River. On average I would put them at Fair.
Last panning was on Saturday. As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.4708 to report.
Here are some tips for riding on our trails:
- Both Lakes Trails are stilled CLOSED & NOT MARKED. We are checking ice depths.
Eagle Lake – Trail 1N is gated at Town Hall Rd
Catfish Lake proper is closed. The trail leading to Braywood coming from the west is open. The trail leading to 12 Pines coming from the east is open. Bloom Rd to Spruce Rd-the spur off of Trail 10 is also open to Lumpy’s
- Trail Alternate 13S is closed from white closed fence south to Three Lakes & it marked as such. Do not ride down Bloom Rd to Hwy 45 it is not a trail – Three Lakes Trails not open yet.
- Trail 10/13 aka Wisconsin River Bridge – Needs snowmobiles to go over to freeze it down more just a bit more. All in all it looks pretty good.
Remember these are conditions in Sno-Eagles Country not all of Vilas County. So please contract local clubs, Chambers, friends to get the conditions in the area you plan to ride in Vilas County. Be safe out there. Remember conditions can change.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR email to
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- News & Events: Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets
- January 5 Board of Directors Meeting
- January 16 – Torchlight Reunion Parade. Staging at TrackSide across from Derby Track at 5:30pm. Ride starts at 6pm. Trail 13 into Eagle River. Out to the ERRA Ice Arena(the Dome) for a quick stop. On to dinner TBD
- January 21 – General Member Meeting – Eagle River Inn – Gather at 6:30pm. Meeting 7pm All welcome
- January 22-24 Weekend Away – Great Northern Motel, Mercer, WI.
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn