Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/07/2016
Trail Conditions: Early Season
Snow Cover: 3-6 at best
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN
TRAILS REMAIN IN VERY EARLY RIDING CONDITION
RATING FROM FAIR TO POOR
Very light snow east of Eagle River overnight. Just enough to cover the deck. Snow in the forecast for the next several days. Best chance is Friday, tomorrow. All weather guys say 3-4 inches. If that is the case all 3 groomers will be out panning. Stay tuned.
Trails remain in the same condition. Grade, Trail 13 through town is snow covered in both directions & Fair. Trail 10E as you turn off of Alternate Trail 13S is Fair & stays that way until you get to the open area just before Bloom Rd crossing. From there to Nobbe’s North it is well worn & has Poor spots. After getting past Nobbe’s it improves to Fair. Heading north on 13 out of Eagle River conditions are Fair. Check out the report below on 10/13 Wisconsin River Bridge.
There are Good conditions out there. Examples: Trail 1 heading east from Eagle Waters & Lake Forest onto Grampa Graham Trail is Good. Trail 3 heading north from the 10/13 & 3 intersection is Good.
Early Riding Condition means trail conditions will change quickly. Be prepared for that. Last panning was on Saturday. As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.4708 to report.
Here are some tips for riding on our trails:
- Both Lakes Trails are stilled CLOSED & NOT MARKED. We are checking ice depths.
Eagle Lake – Trail 1N is gated at Town Hall Rd. We are not grooming 1N because the Lake is not open.
Catfish Lake proper is closed. The trail leading to Braywood coming from the west is open. The trail leading to 12 Pines coming from the east is open. Bloom Rd to Spruce Rd-the spur off of Trail 10 is also open to Lumpy’s. As of yesterday the roads are snow covered.
- Trail Alternate 13S is closed from white closed fence south to Three Lakes & it marked as such. Do not ride down Bloom Rd to Hwy 45 it is not a trail – Three Lakes Trails not open yet. Stay tuned for updates.
- Trail 10/13 aka Wisconsin River Bridge – Is frozen & icy. Be prepared to slow down in the icy areas. Not taking groomers out there. Do not want to break trail up.
Remember these are conditions in Sno-Eagles Country not all of Vilas County. So please contract local clubs, Chambers, friends to get the conditions in the area you plan to ride in Vilas County. Be safe out there. Remember conditions can change.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 or Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 if you need help OR email to email@example.com
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- News & Events: Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets
- January 16 – Torchlight Reunion Parade. Staging at TrackSide across from Derby Track at 5:30pm. Ride starts at 6pm. Trail 13 into Eagle River. Out to the ERRA Ice Arena(the Dome) for a quick stop. On to dinner TBD
- January 21 – General Member Meeting – Eagle River Inn – Gather at 6:30pm. Meeting 7pm All welcome
- January 22-24 Weekend Away – Great Northern Motel, Mercer, WI.
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn