Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/12/2016
Trail Conditions: Early Season
Snow Cover: 6 at best
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN
TRAILS REMAIN IN VERY EARLY RIDING CONDITION
RATING FROM FAIR TO POOR
Cold front has moved in & it will be cold for an extended period of time. Below zero at night and the very low single digits during the day. Not much if any sun for an extended number of days too. Sun does the most damage to the trails so good news. Friday and Saturday it will pop up to high teens to maybe 20’s. Then back down into the deep freeze.
About an inch of Lake Snow over night. Still snowing lightly. Next chance of snow is Wednesday and Thursday.
Trails are still thin and now icy especially in the corners.
We are not grooming the Sno-Eagles section of Alternate Trail 13S so as to not break anything up until it is frozen tight. Also not grooming Trail 10/13 aka Wisconsin River Bridge for the same reason. Do not want to break anything up with the weight of the groomer.
Early Riding Condition means trail conditions will change quickly. Be prepared for that. As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.4708 to report.
Here are some tips for riding on our trails:
- Both Lakes Trails are stilled CLOSED & NOT MARKED. We are checking ice depths. The cold weather should help with the ice making.
Eagle Lake – Trail 1N is gated at Town Hall Rd. We are not grooming 1N because the Lake is not open.
Catfish Lake proper is closed. The trail leading to Braywood coming from the west is open. The trail leading to 12 Pines coming from the east is open. Bloom Rd to Spruce Rd-the spur off of Trail 10 is also open to Lumpy’s. The roads are snow covered.
These are conditions in Sno-Eagles Country not all of Vilas County. Please contract local clubs, Chambers, friends to get the conditions in the area you plan to ride in Vilas County. Remember conditions can change.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR call Club President Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- Wednesday & Thursday Rides – 9am – Meet on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & across from Friendship House Restaurant. Join either Ron or Rusty for a ride. All welcome!
- News & Events: Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets
- January 16 – Torchlight Reunion Parade. Staging at TrackSide across from Derby Track at 5:30pm. Ride starts at 6pm. Trail 13 into Eagle River. Out to the ERRA Ice Arena(the Dome) for a quick stop. On to dinner TBD
- January 21 – General Member Meeting – Eagle River Inn – Gather at 6:30pm. Meeting 7pm All welcome
- January 22-24 Weekend Away – Great Northern Motel, Mercer, WI.
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn