Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/14/2016
Trail Conditions: Early Season
Snow Cover: 6 plus
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN
TRAILS REMAIN IN VERY EARLY RIDING CONDITION
RATING FROM FAIR TO POOR
Trail conditions are still in Early Riding. On average FAIR condition. Trail 3 heading north out of Eagle River; Alternate Trail 13S leaving Eagle River; Trail 10E from the turn off of Trail 13S to the one ways & then again past Nobbe’s North and Trail 1S that connects to 10E are trails in GOOD shape. Found very little not snow covered trails. With the cold it has become icy.
Last night Trail Boss Tom included Trail 3 north of town for the first time last night. That includes the area we call the Manske Swamp. It is frozen up. Also groomed 1N to Eagle Lake and groomed down Alternate 13S and the really wet areas are now frozen. Along with his regular grooming schedule
Still not grooming Trail 10/13 aka Wisconsin River Bridge. Do not want to break anything up with the weight of the groomer.
As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.4708 to report.
Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
Here are some tips for riding on our trails:
Both Lakes Trails are stilled CLOSED & NOT MARKED. We are checking ice depths. We will be marking them shortly.
Eagle Lake proper closed. Trail 1N is now groomed.
Catfish Lake proper is closed. The trail leading to Braywood coming from the west is open. The trail leading to 12 Pines coming from the east is open. Bloom Rd to Spruce Rd-the spur off of Trail 10 is also open to Lumpy’s. The roads are snow covered.
These are conditions in Sno-Eagles Country not all of Vilas County.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events: Sno-Eagles Activity Calendar
- Wednesday & Thursday Rides – 9am – Meet on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & across from Friendship House Restaurant. Join either Ron or Rusty for a ride. All welcome!
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets
- January 16 – Torchlight Reunion Parade. Staging at TrackSide across from Derby Track at 5:30pm. Ride starts at 6pm. Trail 13 into Eagle River. Out to the ERRA Ice Arena(the Dome) for a quick stop. On to dinner at the Nutty Squirrel & Packer Game OR ride on back to the Arena for the Falcons Hockey game.
- January 21 – General Member Meeting – Eagle River Inn – Gather at 6:30pm. Meeting 7pm All welcome
- January 22-24 Weekend Away – Great Northern Motel, Mercer, WI.
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn