Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/16/2016
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 6-8
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN
TRAILS REMAIN IN VERY EARLY RIDING CONDITION
RATING FROM FAIR TO POOR
Trail still Early Riding. Most were groomed last night. Alternate Trail 13S is frozen up with no water. Trail 3 everywhere is frozen up even the Manske Swamp section between 10W & 17N. 10W/13N aka the Wisconsin River bridge trail is still not being groomed as Trail Boss Tom does not want to break it up. There are a few water spots on the east side. Easy to go around & not deep. West side is frozen.
Rest of the trails are Fair on average & snow covered. Trail 1N leading to Eagle Lake is now groomed as Eagle Lake is marked & open.
As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.4708 to report.
*Torchlight Run TONIGHT, January 16.
*Track Side across from the Derby Track
*Staging at 5:30pm – Leaving at 6pm
*Trail 13S into Eagle River & on down the grade to Trail 10E
*Short stop at the Sports Arena then on the Nutty Squirrel for dinner & to watch the Packer Game OR if you love hockey ride on back to the Sports Arena for the 8pm Falcons Hockey game.
*Everyone welcome. Light & decorate your sleds if you wish or just ride along.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! As you ride stay by the barrels because the entire lakes may/are not safe.Section running up the hill to Lumpy’s is not open yet. Trail Boss Tom thanks to Rusty, Brian, a friend of those guys, Rob & John jr of Boat Sport and the 2 guys that helped on Catfish marking. Can’t get this done without you. Team work!
These are conditions in Sno-Eagles Country not all of Vilas County.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org The turn around for the Discount $10 Pass is 7-10 days. The $30 version is available at Holiday North & South.
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events: m
- Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets
- January 16 – Torchlight Reunion Parade. Staging at TrackSide across from Derby Track at 5:30pm. Ride starts at 6pm. Trail 13 into Eagle River. Out to the ERRA Ice Arena(the Dome) for a quick stop. On to dinner Nutty Squirrel & Packer Game or ride on back to the Arena for a Falcon Hockey game.
- January 21 – General Member Meeting – Eagle River Inn – Gather at 6:30pm. Meeting 7pm All welcome
- January 22-24 Weekend Away – Great Northern Motel, Mercer, WI.
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn