Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/22/2016
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 8 give or take
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN
TRAILS REMAIN IN VERY EARLY RIDING CONDITION
A couple of new snow overnight!
Big Blue & Dan out last night catching trails north & south. Trail traffic low. Every trail is icy underneath the snow. So slow down. That includes corners & straight aways.
10W/13N aka Wisconsin River Bridge not being groomed do not want to break that area up with the heavy groomers.
Everything is frozen tight in all directions heading out of Eagle River. And most is snow covered in Sno-Eagles Country.
Temps coming up a bit or the weekend. Low to mid 20’s. Some more snow in the forecast for later Sunday night. Better chance next week. This according the JohnDee.com. A pretty reliable source. START DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE.
As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.408 to report.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! As you ride stay by the barrels because the entire lakes may/are not safe. Section running up the hill to Lumpy’s is not open yet. You can get to Lumpy’s off of 10E at Bloom Rd. Right on Bloom to left on Spruce. Lumpy’s straight ahead.
These are conditions in Sno-Eagles Country not all of Vilas County.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to email@example.com The turn around for the Discount $10 Pass is 7-10 days. The $30 version is available at Holiday North & South.
Sno-Eagles Weekend Away starts this morning. Riding to Mercer. So…..
See ya on the trails! Hey do the dance!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
News & Events:
- Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets
- January 21 – General Member Meeting – Eagle River Inn – Gather at 6:30pm. Meeting 7pm All welcome
- January 22-24 Weekend Away – Great Northern Motel, Mercer, WI.
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn