Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/27/2016
Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 6-8 Need new snow
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN
Sno-Eagles TRAILS IN GOOD CONDITION
Wednesday Ride – 9am – Trl 13 in town by the Friendship House/Historic Railroad Depot
Tonight Trail Boss Tom and Bo out grooming last night.
Steady fine SNOW all day yesterday. So total from Monday night to Tuesday night 2 1/2 to 3 inches.
Not much new to report his morning. Traffic low so not much change in the trails. All have a hard base covered with loose snow. So it can be squirrely as you ride so slow down even with picks. There is some blow out in corners. When riding found some big pines areas or areas with a lot of wind that are thinner but still have snow. I would love a whopper of the snow storm!
As for temperatures they will pop up for this weekend. Then drop back down to the mid teens on Monday. A typical end of January warm up. Partly sunny today. Do not like that evil sun.
As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.408 to report.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! As you ride stay by the barrels because the entire lakes may/are not safe.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org The turn around for the Discount $10 Pass is 7-10 days. The $30 version is available at Holiday North & South.
See ya on the trails! Hey do the dance!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets. Drawing February 27 at TrackSide
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn
- February 2 – Sno-Eagles Board Meeting
- February 5, 6 & 7 – Pond Hockey Clean Up at Dollar Lake Fundrasiers – Call Ron E at 715.479.5322.
- February 18 – Monthly member Meeting – Sportsmen’s Chalet 7pm
- February 27 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) White Spruce Inn