Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/29/2016
Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 8 give or take
Area Report: m
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN
Sno-Eagles TRAILS IN GOOD CONDITION
Dan & Trail Boss Tom groomed last night. Dan heading north. Trail Boss heading east. Saw Trail Boss go by the house heading west on the 10E one ways about 10pm. Report is trails laid down great. Lots of moisture in the snow along with cold temperatures & the trails set up. It is 9 below at 7:20am! High of 21 today. Below zero again tonight. 80% chance of snow mid evening tonight.
There is a really hard icy base. Groomers & riders are telling me nearly all is snow covered in Sno-Eagles Country. seeing less blowout in the corners. I will find out for myself tomorrow.
As for temperatures they will pop up this weekend starting on Saturday. Then drop back down on Monday. A typical end of January warm up. Weather guys say cloudy but it does look pretty out there at 7:20am.
As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.408 to report.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! As you ride stay by the barrels because the entire lakes may/are not safe. No slush pockets.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org The turn around for the Discount $10 Pass is 7-10 days. The $30 version is available at Holiday North & South.
Welcome Women On Snow!
See ya on the trails! Hey do the dance!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets. Drawing February 27 at TrackSide
- January 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) Kathan Inn
- February 2 – Sno-Eagles Board Meeting
- February 5, 6 & 7 – Pond Hockey Clean Up at Dollar Lake Fundrasiers – Call Ron E at 715.479.5322.
- February 18 – Monthly member Meeting – Sportsmen’s Chalet 7pm
- February 27 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) White Spruce Inn