Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 01/31/2016
Trail Conditions: Poor
Snow Cover: 3-6
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN
Sno-Eagles TRAILS IN Fair to Poor CONDITION
From 7am yesterday morning to last night the trails went from Good to Fair to Poor. 36 for a high and heavy traffic. For that reason Trail Boss Tom did not send out the groomers last night. This is an effort to save what base remains.
Temperatures will begin to drop today & Monday. SNOW will move in on Tuesday with 6 inches in the forecast. Followed by day time temperatures in the Teens and lows over night in Single Digits. So winter it returning. We just have to be patient.
As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.408 to report.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! As you ride stay by the barrels because the entire lakes may/are not safe. There may be slush pockets/surface slush. If you run into slush drive on through. Do not slow down or speed up. OR just use the Land Trails if this makes you nervous.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org The turn around for the Discount $10 Pass is 7-10 days. The $30 version is available at Holiday North & South.
See ya on the trails! Hey do the dance!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
News & Events:
- Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets. Drawing February 27 at TrackSide
- February 2 – Sno-Eagles Board Meeting
- February 5, 6 & 7 – Pond Hockey Clean Up at Dollar Lake Fundrasiers – Call Ron E at 715.479.5322.
- February 18 – Monthly member Meeting – Sportsmen’s Chalet 7pm
- February 27 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) White Spruce Inn