Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/01/2016
Trail Conditions: Poor
Snow Cover: Ice base with snow in the woods
VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS OPEN
Sno-Eagles TRAILS IN Fair to Poor CONDITION
From 7am Saturday morning to Saturday night the trails went from Good to Fair to Poor. High on Sunday was 35. No sunlight. For that reason Trail Boss Tom is not send out the groomers at night. This is an effort to save what base remains.
Temperatures will be in the mid to high 20’s today & tomorrow. SNOW will move in on Tuesday with 5-8 inches in the forecast through Wednesday. Temps will also drop back to winter norms. Light Snow Wednesday and Thursday. So winter it returning. We just have to be patient.
As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.408 to report.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! As you ride stay by the barrels because the entire lakes may/are not safe. Reports of heavy surface slush on Eagle Lake. This would be for the experienced riders. All others should use the companion Land Trails. Need help on that call me at 715.617.4708.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to email@example.com The turn around for the Discount $10 Pass is 7-10 days. The $30 version is available at Holiday North & South.
See ya on the trails soon! Hey do the dance!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets. Drawing February 27 at TrackSide
- February 2 – Sno-Eagles Board Meeting
- February 5, 6 & 7 – Pond Hockey Clean Up at Dollar Lake Fundrasiers – Call Ron E at 715.479.5322.
- February 18 – Monthly member Meeting – Sportsmen’s Chalet 7pm
- February 27 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) White Spruce Inn