Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/04/2016
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 4 new inches over old snow
Sno-Eagles TRAILS IN Fair CONDITION
Much of new snow panned. Panning continues to build the base. 0 degrees at almost 7am. High of 21 and overcast for most of the day will help that effort. Slight chance of snow later today and tonight. So all in all trails are Fair. Some Good areas and a few Poor areas. Good out of town & in the woods.
Keep in mind there still is ice under the new snow. Picks don’t always fix that.
There was a mushy section on Alternate Trail 13S. It is just as you leave a section of Bloom Rd trail. It is passable. With the cold over night it might have corrected. We will keep checking. Yesterday was also a mushy section on the approaches to the Wisconsin River Bridge – 10W/13N. Again the cold last night might have cleared that up.
As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.408 to report.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! As you ride stay by the barrels because the entire lakes may/are not safe. Reports of surface slush on Eagle Lake. This would be for the experienced riders. All others should use the companion Land Trails. Need help on that call me at 715.617.4708.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org The turn around for the Discount $10 Pass is 7-10 days. The $30 version is available at Holiday North & South.
See ya on the trails soon! Hey do the dance!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets. Drawing February 27 at TrackSide
- February 5, 6 & 7 – Pond Hockey Clean Up at Dollar Lake Fundrasiers – Call Ron E at 715.479.5322.
- February 18 – Monthly member Meeting – Sportsmen’s Chalet 7pm
- February 27 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) White Spruce Inn