Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/05/2016
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 6 give or take
Sno-Eagles TRAILS IN Fair CONDITION
Trails are in what, if it was early riding season, I would call Early Riding Season riding. But it’s February so I will call them Fair. Lots of traffic and all groomers are out throughout the County working to get trails in shape.
Mixed bag of conditions. Road crossings are snirty. There was a lot of sand & salt poured on the roads in prep for the huge snow storm that never really got here. That stuff hangs up in your sled trail & drags out a distance on the trail. Trails out of town are Good. Trails along roads, especially on the north side of roads have the Poor spots.
Reports are for overcast. That will keep trails in better shape.
Keep in mind there still is ice under the new snow. Picks don’t always fix that.
There was a mushy section on Alternate Trail 13S. It is just as you leave a section of Bloom Rd trail. It is passable. With it cold again over night it might have corrected. We will keep checking. Not grooming over the Wisconsin River Bridge – 10W/13N as there was some mush there as well. Again the cold last night might have cleared that up.
As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.408 to report.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! As you ride stay by the barrels because the entire lakes may/are not safe. Reports of surface slush on Eagle & Catfish Lakes. If that makes you a bit nervous use the land trails. Need help on that call me at 715.617.4708.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to email@example.com The turn around for the Discount $10 Pass is 7-10 days. The $30 version is available at Holiday North & South.
Pond Hockey starts today on Dollar Lake across from the Chanticleer Inn. From Eagle River take Alternate Trl 13S to 10E to 1. You will be crossing Hwy 70E from 10E to 1 by the NEW Hwy 70E Road House.
See ya on the trails soon! Hey do the dance!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets. Drawing February 27 at TrackSide
- February 5, 6 & 7 – Pond Hockey Clean Up at Dollar Lake Fundrasiers – Call Ron E at 715.479.5322.
- February 18 – Monthly member Meeting – Sportsmen’s Chalet 7pm
- February 27 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) White Spruce Inn