Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/07/2016
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 6-8 more or less on the trails
Sno-Eagles TRAILS IN Fair CONDITION
Light snow overnight
Mixed bag of conditions out there. Out riding myself yesterday. Short 70 miles trip. Trail 10E from my house with friends to town for breakfast at Leif’s. Met my daughter & granddaughter. Headed back south on through town on the Grade. Here is what we found:
• Grade in Town Fair
• Alternate Trl 13S from Dairy Queen to 10E intersection Very Good
• Trail 10E – section from 13/10 intersection snirty about ½ down heading east. Then improved to Bloom Rd crossing. Down Pine Rd. To Taylor Lk Rd.
• 10E one way heading east Good to Fair in the morning. In need of grooming later in the day.
• 10E from Nobbe’s north Fair to Good.
• Headed toward Three Lakes on Trail 11S. Fair with some Good areas. Also some snirt
• Came out to lake to heading to Sunset Grill to Jake’s
• Great Vintage Ride Fundraiser at Jake’s Grill. About 100 Vintage sleds. Fundraiser for 3 Lakes Trails
• On to Three Lakes using the trail through the Airport which was Good.
• Heading south of Three Lakes and picking up 13N heading to Three Lakes. Mostly Good.
• Took the Grade (13N) back to Eagle River. Three Lakes end was Good to Fair. First section entering Sno-Eagles Trails was Fair to Poor and bumpy. Due to not being able to the groom that first section because of slush the night before. Slush is frozen so it will now be groomed. 2nd half Fair to Good.
• Picked up 10E back home. First section same as early in the day. From past the Sports Arena all snow covered and ready for grooming.
All in all 80% Fair to Good riding.
It is icy under all trails. Found some blow out in corners and actually on some straight aways.
Not grooming over the Wisconsin River Bridge – 10W/13N as there was some mush there as well.
As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.408 to report.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! As you ride stay by the barrels because the entire lakes may/are not safe. Reports of surface slush on Eagle & Catfish Lakes. If that makes you a bit nervous use the land trails. Need help on that call me at 715.617.4708.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org The turn around for the Discount $10 Pass is 7-10 days. The $30 version is available at Holiday North & South.
See ya on the trails soon! Hey do the dance!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets. Drawing February 27 at TrackSide
- February 5, 6 & 7 – Pond Hockey Clean Up at Dollar Lake Fundrasiers – Call Ron E at 715.479.5322.
- February 18 – Monthly member Meeting – Sportsmen’s Chalet 7pm
- February 27 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) White Spruce Inn