Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/14/2016
Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 8-9 give or take – 14+ off trail in woods
Sno-Eagles TRAILS IN
Good CONDITION with some Very Good & Fair
Icy, icy underneath
Extremely High Traffic for President’s Weekend
It is 20 below zero this morning at 5:30am! High of 18 today. So if you are riding be sure to dress warm this morning because it will not get into double digits until noon. Do not ride alone. Tell someone where you will be riding. Stop more often to warm up.
Groomers out in the very cold over night. A lot of traffic, even over night & late. Trails could use more snow. Here is what they and riders have found:
*Trl Alternate 13S is now being groomed all the way to the connection with the 3 Lakes Trails. Frozen up tight. Most is Good to Very Good but there are areas of blow out and ice that is slippery. That includes on straight aways.
*Trl 10E is in Good to Fair condition. The sections of trail in the ditch line are way better than earlier. In most sections no riding slanted anymore.
*Trl 13 in town is Fair. Good to Very Good further north. There is some wind blow in the open areas north plus areas with the big pines have thinner snow. Seems the snow just doesn’t get through the trees.
*Trails heading west are pretty Good except Tril 70/7 up on the hill along side of Hwy 70W. Dropping down on Trl 17 and taking it through “The Paint Ball Field” to Hwy H. There you can continue on Trl 15 to St. Germain.
*Trails 10W/13N frozen on both approaches. Choppy. But not real bad.
With all the traffic on the trails please stay on your side of the trail. Prepare for riders to not be where they belong. Do not pass groups of riders on the trail. Wait until you get to an intersection where there is viability.
As you ride if you find a problem please call Trail Boss Tom at 715.617.0917 OR 715.617.4708 to report.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! As you ride stay by the barrels because the entire lakes may/are not safe.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org The turn around for the Discount $10 Pass is 7-10 days. The $30 version is TrackSide Hwy 45N, Boat Sport Hwy 70E and The Toy Shop Hwy 70W. NO LONGER AVAILABLE AT HOLIDAY NORTH OR SOUTH.
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets. Drawing February 27 at TrackSide
- February 14 Northern Lights Annual Trailside Weiner Roast – 10am to 3pm – Sheltered Valley Rd of the Kimble Creek Trail – Three Lakes, WI
- February 18 – Monthly member Meeting – Sportsmen’s Chalet 7pm
- February 27 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) White Spruce Inn