Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/16/2016
Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 6-9 give or take – 14+ off trail in woods
Sno-Eagles TRAILS from Good to Fair
Icy, icy underneath
Another short report this morning. As not much is changing at this point. Much less traffic than over the weekend.
Grooming last night. Working out the “traffic” from the weekend. One section that normally takes 4-5 hours took 7 hours as parts needed to be worked over several times.
Light snow falling right not was 6am. Snow Forecast is about 1 1/2 inches. Temps are going to rise starting Thursday into next weekend. Let’s hope for a change. THINK COLD!
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! Seems the wind blew some barrels out of position on the section between the point to Lumpy’s on Catfish Lake.
Did you remember to buy your New required Trail Pass? Call me 715.617.4708 if you need help OR Club President, Ken Storms at 715.479.5599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org The turn around for the Discount $10 Pass is 7-10 days. The $30 version is TrackSide Hwy 45N, Boat Sport Hwy 70E and The Toy Shop Hwy 70W. NO LONGER AVAILABLE AT HOLIDAY NORTH OR SOUTH.
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- Wednesday & Thursday are Sno-Eagles Trail Rides. Meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets. Drawing February 27 at TrackSide
- February 17 – Vilas County Snowmobile Alliance Meeting – Sno-Eagles hosting at Silver Leaf – Hwy 70E. Dinner at 6:30pm with Meeting at 7pm
- February 18 – Monthly member Meeting – Sportsmen’s Chalet 7pm
- February 27 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) White Spruce Inn