Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/21/2016
Trail Conditions: Poor
Snow Cover: Slushy on trail – 11 off trail
Sno-Eagles TRAILS Fair to Poor
Conditions may change
Still Icy, icy underneath
No grooming last night not as it did not go below freezing until mid early this morning. There is a base in most areas and the equipment is heavy and would do damage the base.
Schiff of snow on my sled this morning. Not much about 1/4 inch. 50% chance of more today. Plus light Snow off and on all week. Temperatures have finally dropped. High of 28 and low of 9 today and about the same for tomorrow. Keep THINKING COLD! And yes SNOW.
Trails are Poor in any open area and Fair in the covered woods areas and away from town where yes there are still people riding. The Grade in town was slushy snow covered yesterday near the Railroad Depot. Over the bridge going north there still is cover but soft. Same going south. Have to think the Alt 13S has shallow water in the swamp area. Not a way to get there without taking sled which will not do. Trail 10E is covered in most areas with some break through. 10W/13N, Wisconsin River Bridge area will also have water. While I wouldn’t be riding right now I would highly recommend not going down that trail if you do.
With the colder temperatures I would think the slush is now really really icy & rough. Be extra safe if you still want to ride.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! All barrels in place. Surface slush!
Starting February 15 through Mid-March YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A PASS AT ANY OUTLET IN THE STATE.
• The DNR is updating to a new system.
• If you are a Club Member you can still purchase on the AWSC site.
• If you are not a Club Member you must go to a DNR Office Center.
• You can find them at http://dnr.wi.gov/Contact/SSbyRegion.html
• OR you can call 1-888-936-7463 to order over the phone.
• If you have questions please contact me at 715.617.4708.
I’m still waiting to ride and I will!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
Not sure if the Wednesday & Thursday Sno-Eagles Trail Rides will continue this week. If they do meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
News & Events:
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets. Drawing February 27 at TrackSide
- February 27 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) White Spruce Inn