Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 02/22/2016
Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: Varied frozen what was slushy
Sno-Eagles TRAILS Fair to Poor
Conditions may change
Still Icy, icy underneath
New Holland out panning for the first time in a few nights. Trail Boss Tom headed out at 6:00pm going north on Trail 13 to and over 10W/13N-the Wisconsin River Bridge Trail. He reports some water but passable. On to Trail 7, 10, 3, and back in at 4:30am. Said “trails laid down good”. Met some riders out earlier in the evening.
Temperatures went down to around 10 overnight so the panning should have set up. There was light snow most of the day yesterday. Some stuck but it took a while to cool down the ground before that happened. Snow in forecast about an 1 inch.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! All barrels in place. Surface slush!
Starting February 15 through Mid-March YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A PASS AT ANY OUTLET IN THE STATE.
• The DNR is updating to a new system.
• If you are a Club Member you can still purchase on the AWSC site.
• If you are not a Club Member you must go to a DNR Office Center.
• You can find them at http://dnr.wi.gov/Contact/SSbyRegion.html
• OR you can call 1-888-936-7463 to order over the phone.
• If you have questions please contact me at 715.617.4708.
Have a great day! Do The Dance!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events: Not sure if the Wednesday & Thursday Sno-Eagles Trail Rides will continue this week. If they do meet at 9am on Trail 13 in town by the Railroad Depot & Friendship House. Lunch on your own.
- Ride with Pride Raffle – 1st prize choice of 2016 SkiDoo snowmobile OR Cam ATV. 2nd prize 55″ Flat Panel TV. 3rd prize Wild Eagle Lodge mini vacation with dinner. 4th prize Eagle Waters Mini Vacation. Tickets $2 or 3 for $5. Go to sno-eagles.org for more outlets selling tickets. Drawing February 27 at TrackSide
- February 27 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) White Spruce Inn