Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 03/02/2016
Trail Conditions: Poor
Snow Cover: New snow Sunday thru Monday – Need more
Sno-Eagles TRAILS OPEN
Poor – Some Fair
Still Icy, icy
The Sno-Eagles trails heading north, the Red Route was groomed last night by John Z. Trails heading east, the Blue Route was groomed last night by Dan.
It was single digit cold last night, 1 degree at 6:30am. Trails are thin in spots but they are smoooth and set up. Saw a few riders yesterday. In town and on Trail 10E. There is cover everywhere, except roads, which have hard slippery ice at best. Out further away from towns is the best.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE BOTH MARKED WITH ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS & OPEN! All barrels in place. Today John Z is checking ice depths so we can make a decision on how long to keep the barrels out.
Last this morning, the 11 clubs of Vilas County Snowmobile Alliance with the assistance of the Parks & Recreation Administrator decide together when to close trails. Trails, conditions permitting can stay open until midnight March 31st.
Do The Dance!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- March 17 – Sno-Eagles Annual Membership Meeting and Election – Eagle Waters Resort 7pm – St. Patty’s Day Corn Beef and Cabbage on the Eagle Water menu
- March 18-20 – AWSC (Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs) Convention – Green Bay, WI
- March 25 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Club 45 5:30 Cocktails – 6:00 Dinner
- April 4 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors Meeting
- April 21 – General Member Meeting – Gordo’s 7pm
- April 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) – To be announced