Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 03/03/2016
Trail Conditions: Poor
Snow Cover: Thin icy in town – east & north more snow
Sno-Eagles TRAILS OPEN
Poor – Some Fair
Still Icy, icy
The Sno-Eagles trails heading north, the Red Route was groomed last night by John Z. Trails heading west, the Green Route was groomed last night by Trail Boss Tom.
Trails are the best east & north of Eagle River. Heading north past the Hwy G crossing and 10E just past Nobbe’s North. Plus Trail 7, the Paint Ball Field the heads toward Kathan Inn and connects either to Sugar Camp or St. Germain.
The Wednesday & Thursday Rides are done for the season. Join us next year.
Sno-Eagles members are removing the barrels on Catfish Lake & Eagle Lake on Saturday starting at 8am. The temperatures are going to rise next week.
Last this morning, the 11 clubs of Vilas County Snowmobile Alliance with the assistance of the Parks & Recreation Administrator decide together when to close trails. Trails, conditions permitting can stay open until midnight March 31st.
Do The Dance!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- March 17 – Sno-Eagles Annual Membership Meeting and Election – Eagle Waters Resort 7pm – St. Patty’s Day Corn Beef and Cabbage on the Eagle Water menu
- March 18-20 – AWSC (Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs) Convention – Green Bay, WI
- March 25 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Club 45 5:30 Cocktails – 6:00 Dinner
- April 4 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors Meeting
- April 21 – General Member Meeting – Gordo’s 7pm
- April 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) – To be announced