Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 03/05/2016
Trail Conditions: Poor
Snow Cover: 3 inches new snow over icy snow
Sno-Eagles TRAILS OPEN
Poor – Some Fair
Still Icy, icy
3 inches of new snow east of Eagle River that started late yesterday afternoon into late last night.
No grooming last night because the temps did not drop down far enough. With the snow & lower temps will groom tonight.
There is good riding out about 6 miles east of Eagle River. Spoke to riders that came from the east and gassed up at Nobbe’s North. They thanked Sno-Eagle for continued grooming. 9 Mile Trail off of 10E is snow covered and looks good. Farther east you can pick up the Three Lakes Trail we call the Kimble Creek Trail. It is groomed and in good shape too. Or head toward Alvin/Nelma and Phelps where trails are pretty good and groomed.
Alternate Trail 13S from the 13S and 10E intersection is good as well. With some open areas not as good.
Sno-Eagles holding off removing the barrels on Catfish Lake & Eagle Lake. The barrels froze in too tight to get out. The temperatures are going to rise next week so will remove at some time this week. Stay tuned.
The temperatures are going to rise so this could be the last weekend. Time to ride.
The 11 clubs of Vilas County Snowmobile Alliance with the assistance of the Parks & Recreation Administrator decide together when to close trails. Trails, conditions permitting can stay open until midnight March 31st.
Do The Dance! Ride ’em while we got it.
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- March 17 – Sno-Eagles Annual Membership Meeting and Election – Eagle Waters Resort 7pm – St. Patty’s Day Corn Beef and Cabbage on the Eagle Water menu
- March 18-20 – AWSC (Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs) Convention – Green Bay, WI
- March 25 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Club 45 5:30 Cocktails – 6:00 Dinner
- April 4 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors Meeting
- April 21 – General Member Meeting – Gordo’s 7pm
- April 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) – To be announced