Trail Report: Eagle River
Reported By: hollyt
Date of Report: 03/07/2016
Trail Conditions: Poor
Snow Cover: 0-7
Sno-Eagles TRAILS OPEN
Poor to Not Rideable
Well in my humble estimation the season is over. 46 for a high yesterday took trails that were Fair and actually Good east of Eagle River to Poor at best and Not Rideable in one afternoon. Amazing what temperatures rising and that evil sun can do in a matter of hours.
Today Trail Boss Tom will go out with his sled to check the condition of Catfish & Eagle Lake Barrels. Originally the barrels were going to be removed on Saturday. That was cancelled as the rings that hold the barrels in place were frozen into the hard deep ice covering them. Any attempt to remove them would have resulted in damage to the rings and barrels. Pretty sure that there is massive surface slush and water out there. Would not advise riding.
As for the rest of the County I would recommend checking trail updates for those areas. Call someone you know or a business in the area.
The 11 clubs of Vilas County Snowmobile Alliance with the assistance of the Parks & Recreation Administrator decide together when to close trails. Stay tuned.
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trail Updates – 715.479.5185
News & Events:
- March 17 – Sno-Eagles Annual Membership Meeting and Election – Eagle Waters Resort 7pm – St. Patty’s Day Corn Beef and Cabbage on the Eagle Water menu
- March 18-20 – AWSC (Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs) Convention – Green Bay, WI
- March 25 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Club 45 5:30 Cocktails – 6:00 Dinner
- April 4 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors Meeting
- April 21 – General Member Meeting – Gordo’s 7pm
- April 30 – SNO(Saturday Night Out) – To be announced