Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2doo View Post
    Unbelievable! Looks like a fight starting over what oil to use. 97, you made your point, you don't like it-so don't use it. Along with others, I have used it for years in all my 2 strokes and have been trouble free. I'm not saying that thats the only oil out there that will do this but it has obviously proven itself or they wouldn't be a top seller. And wanderer, there are a couple of reasons behind running your oil low before the switch. 1) less chance of the two oils not being compatible, (I think they are) 2) you will get the most benefit from your "new" oil if its not diluted. I think you will be fine but the wonderful and not so wonderful thing about the internet is you will always get mixed opinions. Best thing is to try to cipher through it and make your own decision.
    Sorry to rattle but "why can't we all just get along" lol
    No fighting....I was asked questions and I responded...Maybe your panties are in a bundle mine arn't.

Quote Originally Posted by XCR440 View Post
    Not starting a fight, just wondering what if any failures were due to the oil.

No failures, oil is doing its job. Bottom line.
    I never thought we were fighting, just having a q&a session.

Yes no failures, just not happy with what we saw.

Good discussion all around....thanks. Well I will be giving it a try. I currently have 5 sleds running 4 different oils, in 3 different brands, so I guess I will make a good tester, hopefully with no issues.
    I hate going out for the day without the oil reservior filled, and trying to carry oil with. Any of you guys have a caddie that's worked well for you, to prevent one heck of a mess when it always seems spring a leak.

My two cents, I ran the OEM Ski-Doo oil, and Polaris VES for years, but at nearly $40 per gallon, I quit VES and went with Amsoil Interceptor two years ago. Ran it in my '05 XC500 SP and in a new '07 IQ LX CFI, and so far no problems. Seems like usage is very low on my IQ. I have no complaints, but I don't pound it all that much, and only 1100 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by 97xcr440 View Post
    I never thought we were fighting, just having a q&a session.

Yes no failures, just not happy with what we saw.
    Yes, a q&a session, my interpretation exactly.

Glad you didn't have any failures. Nothing worse than a motor burning down because of oil issues.

My panties are fine, thanks for asking. By the way, how'd you know I had panties?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 2doo View Post
    My panties are fine, thanks for asking. By the way, how'd you know I had panties?
    seen them on the internet....

Amsoil !!!

97XCR440, Just throw my 2 cents worth in. The Amsoil Interceptor is designed for power valve engines. They have another oil made for non powere valve motors. Not sure of the name. It also is a bit less in price then Interceptor. I have used the interceptor for years, and have gone through many motors to freshen them up and the internal parts look GREAT !!! Also MUCH less smoke !!

Quote Originally Posted by 97xcr440 View Post
    seen them on the internet....
    Nobody was supposta see them

Quote Originally Posted by BrookR View Post
    97XCR440, Just throw my 2 cents worth in. The Amsoil Interceptor is designed for power valve engines. They have another oil made for non powere valve motors. Not sure of the name. It also is a bit less in price then Interceptor. I have used the interceptor for years, and have gone through many motors to freshen them up and the internal parts look GREAT !!! Also MUCH less smoke !!
    It was a 03 pro x 700. It has valves.