Thread: Running rich

Running rich

I have a 2006 Fusion 600 HO and it seemed to be running rich last year and was wondering what is the best way to fix the problem. Symptoms I was having, it would smoke a lot, and when I pulled the plugs out they are black and have oil or soot on them. I am fairly new to snowmobiling and don't know as much about them as I would like. Any input would be much appreciated.
    DaBuzzard

Is it usin alot of oil?

you may need to jet down one size, most polaris sled's from the factory are jetted fat (typically +10 to -20) hope this help's

It seemed like I was going through oil quicker than the other people I was riding with, but they have different sleds. One was an IQ LX which is fuel injected, so I have to think it's more efficient than mine.

If it is a liberty motor look on the right side of it you should find the oil pump.Where the cable hooks up to it the part that rotates should have a line stamped in it and the pump case should have a line stamped in it also they should line up with each other with the throttle at full off or at full on. my 700 was at the full off position. The factory had mine set way rich with oil. hope this helps

when is the last time that you serviced your exhaust valves? If you have over 500 miles on the sled you may want to take a look at them. Also My 2006 600HO fusion also needed to have the main dropped one size and also the pilot dropped one size. Make sure to make sure that the thermostate is working properly. The engine should get up to 120-130 degrees and stay there.