I was going to work on the sled today, but decided to go play golf instead. I will get it torn down the rest of the way this week. I will need to put in an order for more body parts. Once torn down, I can get the stuff finished up on the body and off to powder coating.
I decided to wait on the Tacoma project. There just isn't enough room in the garage to have 4 whole snowmobiles and a 5th in pieces AND tear apart the Tacoma. It really isn't a big deal, the stereo is OK, it just isn't loud enough.
I will need to rebuild all the shocks, the rear suspension and front suspension. The rear ski will get all new bushings, and the front will get Oilite bushings from Kurt at Goodwin's.
I did get some of the sled torn down before my buddy called to go play golf. I got the chaincase torn down, the engine out (from before), the oil tank out, the gas tank removed, the supports removed, the wiring harness removed and bunch of dents pounded out with the hammer and dolly.
The tunnel in oil canned on the rear. I think I am just going to drill out the rivets and put a new one in. The center piece is only about $38 my cost, so it isn't worth messing with.
I will post some pictures of the progress later tonight. Tonight is "Date Night" with the wife. So no working on the sleds tonight. LOL