OK. Here is what I have so far...
Here is the rest of the stuff ready for powder coating.
Here are the tower braces I made. I used .080" instead of the .040" factory uses. I also flared the holes to give it even more strength.
I flattened out one of the old ones that was torn, and used that for a template:
Here you can see the flared holes:
You can see the difference in material:
Here is a pile of stuff that needs to be welded to be finished up:
I circled all the holes that need to be filled, and then sanded down. When I am done, you even know there were holes there. There are LOTS of them to fill on both sides. He had the factory fish skeleton reinforcements, then knubbed plastice riveted to the tunnel. That equals lots 'o holes to fill. LOL
This is the piece I am welding in place to make the boards wider all the way back. Once it is welded into place, it will be ground down and smoothed out, then cut to fit the Snow Eliminators I had made up. I used the same dimensions as on my mountain sled project.
Here is the way it will be once the Snow Eliminators are in place.
Here are some shots after spending $5 at the car wash on nothing but the chassis.
Today, I ordered up the lower control arms, Boyesen reeds, tank supports and I am looking for some nicer spindles.
The engine seals and gaskets should be here Wednesday next week, along with all the bushing for the rear suspension.
I should also have the first round of powde coating back this weekend. So next week things should start hoping....
Stay tuned in.....same bat time....same bat channel.....