If I wouldn't have run out of rivets, I would have gotten a ton more done.
It seems that I am jumping around alot on this, but I had to work around the stuff that needed rivets.
I had today off because I have to work tomorrow. Got a lot of stuff done up today.
I got the motor in final, the reeds, carbs, Y-pipe, coolant hoses, front cooler, wiring harness, gauge pod, riser, handlebars, pyramidal supports, gas tank, rear trunk and the remainder of the sled wrap on.
We will be heading to my mom's house after I get off work on Sat. Last weekend didn't work out for Mother's Day so we are celebrating Mother's Day tomorrow with my mom.
So no work until Sunday on the sled. I am hoping to get the rear suspension in Sunday, along with the gears in the chaincase, the exhaust put in, the battery and remaining E-Start.
Ok. A bunch more done today. I don't have the sway bar plates that cover the access hole. I have to order a new set of them.
I can't put the front end on until I get those. You can't get the rivet gun in with the lower A-arms in place.
But I did get the track, drive axle, rear suspension, chaincase done (changed gearing to a 27/45 for more top end), brake caliper, battery case, starter wiring, front stabilizer bar and the RPM Composites skid plate back on today.
I also got some customer's stuff done up today.
I didn't get much done with customer's shocks going out this week.
I did get the new additions to my trail sled and my mountain sled, though.
Fuel Buddies..one for each sled. I am making them removable.
On the mountain sled with the 10.5 gallon main tank, 3.5 fuel caddy and 2 gallon fuel buddy...I will have 16 gallons on board. That is awesome range
You have to modify it some to fit the newer style REV trunks, but it is no big deal. You just have to make a hold down to attach it.
Got the front shocks rebuilt and just couldn't wait.
I have the front end on it, and it is sitting on its own suspension. The upper ball joints are just finger tight as they have to come back off to put the rivet in for the sway bar plate.
Pretty much finished up Blade today. All that is left is to align the skis, adjust the handle bars, fill it with gas and oil and it is ready to fire up.
Here is what the big holdup was from....that little, tiny, one-rivet plate to cover the sway bar..UGHH!!!!
Anyway, here is the completed sled. Next weekend it will be at the Cedar Rapids Corvette Club car show. This one and the pink sled will be there.
Well, today I got the following done:
Gas in the tank
Oil in the tank
Started up the sled and let it run a couple of times to heat cycle the engine
Filled up the coolant and let engine burp to get all the air out of the system
Filled the chain case
Bled the brakes
Set the track tension
Aligned the skis
It is ready to go....BONZAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did notice that the bulb in the temp gauge is out, so I will have to fix that.
The sled is now completely done!!!
I got the new design Tricked Toys wheels in the mail today.
Monday goes to Wayne Davis Photography with model Rachel Vorwerk. I can't WAIT!!!
Here are the pictures of Brian's new wheels: