Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helmets

Helmets

I have just bought snowmobiles and are looking for some advice on some helmets. Anybody have some good suggestions for reasonably priced helmets? I have used some in the past and I am looking for a good one with ventilation and anitfogging lenses.

Don't go cheap!
    Buy something good!

If this is a sport you want to stick to, go Modular, for the ease, convenience, and excellent ventilation and anti-fogging features. As I stated in another helmet thread, it's the best money I've spent on the sport, hands down!

i prefer to see where i am going, so i spent the money to do so, remember you get what you pay for.

I prefer one with a heated shield myself. since Iam a heavy breather and I have trouble with fogging.

boondocker
    HJC makes a good helmet ,I use one myself and I love it . ski doo modulars are an excelent anti fog helmet but I have seen one brake in a crash . I have always had my concerns about that and belive me it is a shady design.

Ditto: I think the earlier modualrs were a great start to an awesome helmet concept, but i'm not too confident in their strength. I would say today's modulars are a pretty good bet though. Like someone earlier posted, i think you'll get what you pay for. Don't be a cheapskate

How effective are the heated face shields. I have very little fog problems with my current closed face helmet. However, my father is constantly fogging his up. Should he look into a heated face shield?

boondocker
    Heated shields are ok ,my dad uses one but a good breath box in your lid will be fine. Plus you dont have the worry about trashing a big$$$$ shield .Oh yeah I had one and never bought another, so take it for what its worth .

I use a BRP modular helmet and never needed a heated visor, even in extreme cold temps. Just make sure there is good seal between breath mask, and your face and it just fine, it is also nice to have a built in sunshield for those bright sunny days. Look on ebay you can find new ones in the box from a dealer for $180 - $250.