Ski-Doo Rev 500ss speedo/tach problems......

Just wondering if anyone may have had an issue with a speedo or tach on a ski-doo Rev 500ss???? Sled runs absolutely perfect but the speedo will not go any lower than 30 mph, even when the sled is not running or is at idle, it reads 30 mph and then as you increase speed the speedo will read 100+ mph when I am actually only going 35 or 40 mph????? The tach reads zero and seems to read accurately at idle, but then as the speed is increased, the tach reads over 10,000 as you ride?????? any ideas????

All wires appear intact and nothing is wet or has water in it???????

I appeciate any and all areas to troubleshoot this problem. thanks

Is it possible that the cables are switched/backwards? Weird

Exclamation tach/speedo

i wonder if theres a pcm issue ? bad sensor ? skidoo dealer here you come . i would get it checked asap . why ? other things may not be reading correctly as well . coolant temp,etc etc . have you had to replace the dis cord yet ? "key" i had to replace mine in less then the first year . stored it the first summer and i went out to start it for pre winter riding and it "sensed" wrong dis cord would start but not rev up . last problem i have had .

1fastmxz
    Is this a new sled? a friend has problems with his jumping back and fourth between mph and km. another friend says his speedo reads 100 but his gps only says 88.

rev speedo......

Thanks for the input. I had a feeling that maybe it was my dess cord???? I had the same problem as you, sled was fine when I put it into storage, but have had the speedo issue since I brought the sled back home for the winter. I will stop at the dealer tomorrow and see how much money they want from me for a new cord or other parts to fix the problem.

I appreciate the help, will post again once I find out the exact problem. thanks!!

mine was under warrenty . but i think the cord was like 30.00 and then the have to reprogram it to the sled

youll have to take the sled with you !!!!!!!!!!!

wiring

we are also having problem with wifes 2006 500ss when we use the headkight dimmer switch all the waring lights in the speedometer come on and tach quits working also heated shield is not working it seems as though it started having problems reading the dss key it starts but will not rev up have to keep wiggling the dss key not sure if dss problem is part of dimmer switch problem any help appreciated thanks p.s. not very happy with this sled only has 400 miles on it and has been one thing or another

Check the relays.
    Aftermarket Napa part AR 201