02 Cat zr 500 help

Can anyone tell me anything about the power valve system on this sled . one of the cables broke and siezed up the cylinder not bad ,but enough to have to send it to us chrome or get a new one. other cylinder also has a slight scare top to bottom on now i it will need two cylinders now. the sled has 3400 miles on it. Is this sled a problem sled or what any info would help can anyone tell me where to get the cylinders fixed cheap or where i can get used ones. This sled is in great visual shape ,otherwise looks like new . Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfee600MXZ View Post
    Can anyone tell me anything about the power valve system on this sled . one of the cables broke and siezed up the cylinder not bad ,but enough to have to send it to us chrome or get a new one. other cylinder also has a slight scare top to bottom on now i it will need two cylinders now. the sled has 3400 miles on it. Is this sled a problem sled or what any info would help can anyone tell me where to get the cylinders fixed cheap or where i can get used ones. This sled is in great visual shape ,otherwise looks like new . Thanks for any help.
    The valves didn't hit because the cable broke, they hit because of a design defect. They should never be able to hit the pistons, but they designed the engine/valves without enough clearance, so that after the valve pins wear a bit, it's possible for the valves to hit the pistons. It was a common problem. You need to replace both pins, and make sure that the valves themselves are not worn. Some people also put shims in there, to prevent the valve from dropping down as far.