Trail Report: Three Lakes – Brule River
Reported By: Three Lakes – Brule River Trails
Date of Report: 11/25/2013
Trail Conditions: Trails Closed
Snow Cover: Soon we hope…
Area Report: Things are getting busy in preparation for the upcoming season. The big change this year for our system is a reroute of trail TL5, which has always followed Military and Old Military Roads to get you from Four Mile Lake out to Lindy’s Hideaway and beyond. The new route will take you almost entirely off the roadway and onto mostly US Forest Service property. Our plan is to have the new trail ready in time for the season opening. It should be a great improvement!
Stayed tuned to SnowTracks and Facebook for information as we get closer to the start of another great season!
**Visit us on Facebook** – http://www.facebook.com/Threelakestrails
**Visit us on the Northern Lights Snowmobile Club website** – http://www.northernlightsclub.com/
* Trail Grooming Schedule (Conditions Permitting) *
- All Trails Are Groomed 4 Times Weekly
- Friday & Saturday Night – All Trails Are Groomed
- Monday thru Thursday – All Trails Are Groomed Twice
News & Events: 2013 / 2014
* November Club Meeting – 11/25/13 – 7:00 PM – Mai Tiki Bar
* Club Christmas Party – 12/16/13 – 5:00 PM – Bonnie’s Lakeside
* 1st Tavern League Poker Run – 1/17/14 and 1/18/14
* Three Lakes Vintage Ride – 2/1/14 – Bonnie’s Lakeside – Details to follow
* 2nd Tavern League Poker Run – 2/14/14 and 2/15/14
* Trailside Weenie Roast – 2/16/14 – Details to follow
* Overnight ride to Watersmeet, MI – 2/17/14 thru 2/20/14
* NVSRS Vintage Oval Racing and Radar Run – 2/22/14 – Spirit Lake / Bonnie’s Lakeside
* NVSRS Vintage Enduro Racing – 3/8/14 – Spirit Lake / Bonnie’s Lakeside
* More Events in the Planning Stages – Details to follow
* Beginning January 8th and continuing until trail closure (conditions permitting) – Weekly Rides
– Spirited Ride – Wednesdays – 8:30 AM
– Scenic Ride – Wednesdays and Fridays – 9:30 AM
* Destinations determined the day of the ride at time of departure
* All weekly rides leave from the Three Lakes C-Store (Shell Station)
* Bring a guest, meet new friends!
Those interested in joining our club may send a nominal fee (single – $20, family – $25, business – $25) along with your name and address to:
Northern Lights Snowmobile Club
P.O. Box 344
Three Lakes, WI 54562
* 2013 / 2014 Northern Lights Snowmobile Club Meeting Schedule:
- September 30th – Oneida Village – 7:00 PM
- October 28th – Irish Waters – 7:00 PM
- November 25th – Mai Tiki Bar – 7:00 PM
- December 16th – Christmas Party – Bonnie’s Lakeside – 5:00 PM
- January 28th – Pine Lake Pub – 7:00 PM
- February 24th – TBD – 7:00 PM
- March 24th – TBD – 7:00 PM – Elections
You can fuel up 24X7 at Three Lakes Shell with pay at the pump. Easy access from Maple Lake or the Anderson Street trail. Their premium fuel is ethanol free and the local owners are snowmobiler friendly and great supporters of Three Lakes – Brule River Trails.
Click Here to order a Three Lakes – Brule River, WI snowmobile trail map.
(Please include your Name, Address, City, State and Zip with your map request.)
The Three Lakes – Brule River Trails are the destination that is sure to satisfy the most discerning snowmobiler. Our trail system encompasses 132 miles of state funded trails, plus 54 additional miles of locally funded trails.
The trail system traverses the most scenic country that Wisconsin has to offer. The Kimball Trail (upper and lower) will take you through the pristine Nicolet National Forest and provides your connection to Vilas and Forest County destinations. Our southern trails will lead you to the Rhinelander, Monico and Pelican Lake areas. Trails to the West and North will give you access to our neighbors in Sugar Camp, St. Germain and Eagle River.
Every day is sure to bring you a new and different snowmobiling experience!
Don’t forget to include downtown Three Lakes on your trail riding agenda. Our trail system will give you easy access to the many amenities that our downtown area has to offer. Once there, you’ll experience the old-fashioned charm of the Northwoods. Our main street is lit by antique lampposts and lined with very unique gift shops, restaurants, taverns and other small businesses.
The community’s greatest natural resource is the largest Chain of Lakes in the world, 28 interconnected lakes stretching northward to Eagle River, Wisconsin. Stay on the marked trails and you will be rewarded by the scenic beauty of the Three Lakes Chain.
Then, venture to the Northeast and discover the remote beauty of the Brule River Trails. Be sure to stop and sample the warmth and hospitality to be found at the local taverns and eating establishments.
Our trail system is professionally maintained and groomed by Three Lakes – Brule River Trails, primarily a volunteer organization. Grooming and trail maintenance is performed utilizing 2012 and 2010 New Holland Tracked Tractors, a 2004 Tucker Snowcat, a 2006 Fendt Tractor and a 2011 Polaris Tracked Ranger Utility Vehicle for light grooming and maintenance.
The Northern Lights Snowmobile Club provides extensive support to the Three Lakes snowmobiling experience. Throughout the season, club events include dinners, fundraisers, poker rides and several weekly rides. Those interested in joining our club may send a nominal fee (single – $20, family – $25, business – $25) along with your name and address to:
Northern Lights Snowmobile Club, Inc.
P.O. Box 344
Three Lakes, WI 54562
We encourage you to visit the Three Lakes – Brule River Trails on your next snowmobiling adventure to experience the warmth and hospitality that our community has to offer. We sincerely believe you won’t be disappointed!