Trail Report: Three Lakes – Brule River
Reported By: Three Lakes-Brule River Trails
Date of Report: 12/23/2014
Trail Conditions: Early Season
Snow Cover: 6 inches on TL Snowometer
Area Report: We got 5-6″ of fresh wet snow in the past 24 hours and the Oneida County portion of our trails are open. The exception is Trail 13 from Rice Lake road west to Sugar Camp. This trail will be closed until further notice. Most of the lakes were marked today, but please stay as close to the barrels as you can. The trails are in early season condition. We are doing what we can with the snow that we have to make them as good as possible. The good news is there is snow and you can ride.
Stayed tuned to SnowTracks and Facebook for information as we get closer to the start of another great season!
**Visit us on Facebook** – http://www.facebook.com/Threelakestrails
* Trail Grooming Schedule (Conditions Permitting) *
– All Trails Are Groomed 4 Times Weekly
– Friday & Saturday Night – All Trails Are Groomed
– Monday thru Thursday – All Trails Are Groomed Twice
News & Events: 2014 / 2015
* Polar Bear Plunge for Angel on my Shoulder – 1/3/15 – Bonnie’s Lakeside – 1:00pm
* Tavern League Poker Run – 1/15/15 thru 1/17/15
* Vintage Oval Races – 2/14/15 – Bonnie’s Lakeside / Spirit Lake – 10:00am
* Trailside Weenie Roast – 2/15/15 – Trail 8 near Sheltered Valley – 11:00am to 3:00pm
* More Events in the Planning Stages – Details to follow
* Beginning January 6th and continuing until trail closure (conditions permitting) – Weekly Rides
– Spirited Ride – Wednesdays – 8:30 AM
– Scenic Ride – Tuesdays and Thursdays – 9:30 AM
* Destinations determined the day of the ride at time of departure
* All weekly rides leave from the Three Lakes C-Store (Shell Station)
* Bring a guest, meet new friends!
Those interested in joining our club may send a nominal fee (single – $20, family – $25, business – $25) along with your name and address to:
Northern Lights Snowmobile Club
P.O. Box 344
Three Lakes, WI 54562
* 2014 / 2015 Northern Lights Snowmobile Club Remaining Meeting Schedule:
– January 26th – Pine Lake Pub – 7:00 PM
– February 23rd – TBD – 7:00 PM
– March 30th – TBD – 7:00 PM – Elections
Click Here to order a Three Lakes – Brule River, WI snowmobile trail map.
(Please include your Name, Address, City, State and Zip with your map request.)
The Three Lakes – Brule River Trails are the destination that is sure to satisfy the most discerning snowmobiler. Our trail system encompasses 132 miles of state funded trails, plus 54 additional miles of locally funded trails.
The trail system traverses the most scenic country that Wisconsin has to offer. The Kimball Trail (upper and lower) will take you through the pristine Nicolet National Forest and provides your connection to Vilas and Forest County destinations. Our southern trails will lead you to the Rhinelander, Monico and Pelican Lake areas. Trails to the West and North will give you access to our neighbors in Sugar Camp, St. Germain and Eagle River.
Every day is sure to bring you a new and different snowmobiling experience!
Don’t forget to include downtown Three Lakes on your trail riding agenda. Our trail system will give you easy access to the many amenities that our downtown area has to offer. Once there, you’ll experience the old-fashioned charm of the Northwoods. Our main street is lit by antique lampposts and lined with very unique gift shops, restaurants, taverns and other small businesses.
The community’s greatest natural resource is the largest Chain of Lakes in the world, 28 interconnected lakes stretching northward to Eagle River, Wisconsin. Stay on the marked trails and you will be rewarded by the scenic beauty of the Three Lakes Chain.
Then, venture to the Northeast and discover the remote beauty of the Brule River Trails. Be sure to stop and sample the warmth and hospitality to be found at the local taverns and eating establishments.
Our trail system is professionally maintained and groomed by Three Lakes – Brule River Trails, primarily a volunteer organization. Grooming and trail maintenance is performed utilizing 2012 and 2010 New Holland Tracked Tractors, a 2004 Tucker Snowcat, a 2006 Fendt Tractor and a 2011 Polaris Tracked Ranger Utility Vehicle for light grooming and maintenance.
The Northern Lights Snowmobile Club provides extensive support to the Three Lakes snowmobiling experience. Throughout the season, club events include dinners, fundraisers, poker rides and several weekly rides. Those interested in joining our club may send a nominal fee (single – $20, family – $25, business – $25) along with your name and address to:
Northern Lights Snowmobile Club, Inc.
P.O. Box 344
Three Lakes, WI 54562
We encourage you to visit the Three Lakes – Brule River Trails on your next snowmobiling adventure to experience the warmth and hospitality that our community has to offer. We sincerely believe you won’t be disappointed!