Trail Conditions: Poor
Snow Cover: 3-6 inch base
Date of Report: March 22, 2018
With warmer temperatures in the forecast and the sun getting stronger, this will be the last weekend for riding in Bayfield County. Trails will close Monday, March 26th. Groomers have suspended grooming so I don’t have area specifics reports. Generally, the snow is holding in the wooded areas and area that had enough snow to form a good base but with the freeze thaw happening expect some icy spots and corners. Road crossings, road routes, and trails along roads all have patchy snow cover. For lake crossings please check with locals! This is late season riding so expect variable conditions and be safe!
- Trail 13 outside Washburn, follow signs. Permanent reroute.
- Trail 4 east of Mason, follow signs. Seasonal reroute for now, includes road routes.
- Trail 70 south of Cable, follow signs. Seasonal reroute for now, includes road routes.
- Trail 40 Southeast of Port Wing has a timber sale going active this week so keep your eyes out and stay alert in that area.
- Trail 51 south of Cornucopia near Jodi road is now being used for an active timber sale. They are logging off the trail and using the trail as a haul route so use caution. Jodi road is also being plowed for a short distance.