Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Good
Date of Report: January 3, 2018
Welcome to the winter of 2018 – a season to remember for sure!
Forecast for the next few days is calling for single digits for highs and below zero for our lows with snow for the next 4 days and a foot predicted by Friday. Looking outside – it appears that we might just get dumped tonight as it is snowing pretty hard right now. The cold temps are doing a good job firming up the wet spots, but as you may have seen on the Gogebic Area Groomers Facebook page, we still have some places that still are wet (8 West).
Overall, trail conditions are very good to fair, with the good to excellent being in the Bergland area and North and the fair trails with thin snow coverage are those on the south end of the Lake. We are hoping that this snow help us out on the South end.
Trail highlights as of 1/2/18:
- Trail 13 North of Bergland is reported as very good – twice the snow and base as the South end of the Lake.
- Trail 1 going South from White Pine is also reported as very good.
- Corridor Trail 1 & 8 North of Bergland is rough and Trail 1 on west side of lake Gogebic going south.
- Trail 102 has had a lot of traffic but will be groomed tonight
- Trail 8 west of M64 we had a groomer go through last week – please be patient as we get this back in shape.
- Groomer was out on Trail 13 and there is little base and conditions are reported as fair.
- Trail 1 North of West Shore Resort is closed because of logging.
- Riders are out on the Lake – use caution as riders begin to develop travel pattern
That’s it for now – call us for availability – check out our weekday rates!!!
Jim & MB