Snow Cover: 2-4 on trail panned & frozen. Off trail 5+
Date of Report: December 14, 2016
NEWS RELEASE / PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
TO: News Media and Other Parties of Interest
FROM: Dale Mayo, Vilas County Parks & Recreation Administrator
RE: Vilas County Snowmobile Trails Opening Date
THE STATE FUNDED SNOWMOBILE TRAIL SYSTEM IN VILAS COUNTY WILL OFFICIALLY OPEN AT NOON ON THURSDAY 15 DECEMBER, 2016 FOR THE SEASON. Please be advised that trails are not in mid-season form but in early season condition and riders may encounter rough or closed segments. Slow down and be aware that trail conditions can change quickly. Ice thickness varies greatly on area lakes with some lakes still having open water. DO NOT CROSS ANY LAKES UNLESS THE TRAIL ACROSS THE LAKE IS CLEARLY MARKED.
As always, please check with your local chambers or snowmobile clubs for current conditions.
Trail Boss pulled the groomers out of the barn to begin panning Sno-Eagles trails last night. Report trail issues to Brian Scheid, 715.891.2332, email@example.com Check out the videos on Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club facebook page
Nearly all trails are packed & panned. When the trails officially open I will get you a detailed reported of conditions out there. It almost there so be patient.
Did you remember to register your sled & buy trail passes?
See Ya On The Trails Real Soon!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
News and Reports:
MONTHLY MEETINGS 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- December 15 – Christmas Party at Eddie B’s White Spruce – No meeting (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.