Trail Conditions: Closed
Snow Cover: Thin schiff of SNOW - 1 or 2 inches - Bit more north
Date of Report: December 15, 2020
December 15, 2020 – 5:00am – 1 degree
Trails in Eagle River & All of Vilas County CLOSED
Very cold & clear this morning! 19 for a high today. Terrific for ice building & keeping the swamps frozen. Now what we need is SNOW!!!!
Vilas County Forestry, Recreation & Land department has completed 10 of the 11 snowmobile club inspections. Once all are done it’s a waiting game ’til the SNOW gets here.
A few updates on the trails:
Trail 13 that heads west of Eagle River has a re route in the section that comes out on Oak Lane by the Pine Gables Restaurant. There is new construction going on so the club has done a temporary move over of the trail. The club is working with the Vilas Forestry, Recreation and Land department to complete the permanent re route which will be in place for the 2021-2022 season. If you are familiar with that trail rather than the 2 corners at the west end by Oak Lane it will go straight ahead. TRAIL WILL BE OPEN.
The best new is the lake spur off of the Eagle Lake Trail that takes you to Eagle Waters Resort is back open!!! The owner Laura Koranda & adjacent landowners worked hard to make this happen.
Let’s get a loud SNOW DANCE GOING! Want to hear it way up here. Can’t wait to see ya all out on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 should be starting soon
News and Reports:
Sno-Eagles Wednesday & Thursday trail rides are set to begin Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 9am.
Call club President, Howard (Rusty) Wolf at 262.442.4876 for more details
- December 25, 2020 – MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
- January 5, 2021 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors meeting – 6pm – VFW Hall – Hwy 70W on left just past lights.
- January 8-10, 2021 – Vintage World Championship Races – At the Derby Track – Hwy 45N across from Trackside – Volunteers needed.
- January 15-17, 2021 – World Championship Races – At the Derby Track – Hwy 45N across from Trackside – Volunteers needed
- January 18, 2021 – Annual Military Ride – Leaving from the Derby Track – hwy 45N across from Trackside
- January 21, 2021 – Sno-Eagles General membership meeting. You can attend virtually by going to Facebook & joining Sno-Eagles CLUB MEMBERS ONLY page.
- January 29-31, 2021 – Women on Snow
Call club President, Howard (Rusty) Wolf at 262.442.4876 is you have questions or would like to join the club or volunteer.
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours